Palmer Flatt Hotel MYD36633 (c) YDNPA, 2023
The old name of this hotel comes from the fact that it is reputed to stand on the site of a Medieval hospice where pilgrims returning from the Holy Land in poor health were treated. They often carried palm leaves back with them as mementoes and so became known as ‘palmers’. The current building dates to the 18th century and in 1854 was described as “a wayside hostelry of truly rural appearance, but possessing excellent accommodation and liquors, for the numerous parties of visitors to the Falls, by whom it is much frequented in the summer months”. It is now (2023) known as the Aysgarth Falls Hotel & Palmers Restaurant.
Location The hotel is located about half a mile east of Aysgarth village on the A684, just before the left hand turning to Aysgarth Falls and Carperby.
Public Transport Details Nearest town/village: Aysgarth Falls turning. Call Traveline on 0870 608 2 608 to plan your journey. After the welcome message key in 885 for North Yorkshire information.
Accessibility Viewable from roadside.