Langcliffe memorial fountain basin MYD35221 (c) YDNPA, 2023
An 18th or early 19th century fountain built from stone. It has an octagonal basin each side carved with a recessed panel. The fountain head was replaced in 1920 with a cross when it was adapted as a village First World War memorial. The design was chosen by relatives of the eleven village men killed during the First World War. The names of the four men killed during the Second World War were not added until 1995. For many years the fountain had been used to water cattle and it was not thought appropriate until then.
The Langcliffe Millennium Group (2000) Langcliffe. Settle: Hudson History
Location Sited in Langcliffe village off the B6479 north from Settle. Take turn signed for Langcliffe. The fountain is about 90 metres along this lane on the left.
Public Transport Details Nearest town/village: Langcliffe. Call Traveline on 0870 608 2 608 to plan your journey. After the welcome message key in 885 for North Yorkshire information.
Accessibility Viewable from roadside.