Reeth Union workhouse MYD16933 (c) YDNPA, 2023
Reeth’s original parish workhouse was built around 1753 on Back Lane. In 1837, Reeth became part of the new Richmond Poor Law Union, but its remote location caused administration problems so Reeth became a separate Poor Law Union in 1840. An old mansion near to the original workhouse was bought and converted. It housed 60 people. The building is now a tea shop and private housing.
http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Reeth comprehensive website about workhouses in Britain
Hastings, P (1996) Richmond and Reeth Workhouse. Ripon: Ripon Museum Trust