Swinithwaite Hall MYD35846 (c) YDNPA, 2023
Swinithwaite Hall in Wensleydale may be of 17th century origin, but was altered in 1767 for its owner T J Anderson, and then again in 1795 when it was rebuilt to the design of Richmond architect John Foss. Foss may also have been responsible for designing some of the farm buildings on the Swinithwaite estate. The main house is H-plan and two storeys high.
Dennison, E (2004) ‘An Historical Landscape Survey: The Swinithwaite Estate, West Witton’ in White, R F & Wilson, P R (eds) (2004) Archaeology and Historic Landscapes of the Yorkshire Dales. Yorkshire Archaeological Society Occasional Paper No 2 pp25-37
Hatcher, Jane (1990) Richmondshire Architecture. Richmond: C J Hatcher, Richmond
Hartley, Marie & Ingilby, Joan (1991) The Yorkshire Dales. Otley: Smith Settle