St Michael and All Angels Church, Linton MYD4397 (c) YDNPA, 2023
A 12th century church with 14th-15th century extensions. Restored in 1861 by John Varley of Skipton. Built of squared limestone blocks and rubble stone with a graduated stone slate roof. The Medieval timber roof in the chancel survived the restoration as did parts of the original Norman arcading and windows in the Nave. The Gothic style porch was added during the 19th century restoration.
Goldthorpe, Ian (1998) Grassington Towards the Millennium. Grassington: The Dales Book Centre
Location Not in Linton village Either - From Grassington take the footpath at the SW corner of the National Park car park (charge) to Linton Falls. Cross the footbridge to the site of Linton Mill and follow the footpath out onto the road. Turn left and walk along the road to the Church. About 800m. Or - From Grassington take the B6265 heading west. Turn left immediately after crossing the river and at a T junction turn left again (signposted Linton Church).
Follow the road round to a National Park car park (charge). Continue along the road to the church. 1 mile to the car park, about 200m walk. See www.yorkshirechurches.com for further details.
Public Transport Details Nearest town/village: Threshfield or Linton. Call Traveline on 0870 608 2 608 to plan your journey. After the welcome message key in 885 for North Yorkshire information.
Accessibility Tarmaced road and paths.