Oxnop Hall bears an inscribed date: 1685; but, as the inscription is on the porch which is a later addition, the house must be even older. It is a fine, two-storey building with three rooms along its length. The windows have kept their mullions and those to the first floor have transoms as well which means that each window is divided into six individual openings: two runs of three. The single chimney stack is axial rather than set on the gable and relates to a group of four fire-windows. This suggests that the house may, at one time, have had two firehoods set back to back.